So you are 14yrs and you have those nice lean thighs, round ass, flat tummy and your saying to yourself “I am going to be forever sexy” Psssh. For some with high metabolic rate, this may be easy, for those who didn’t trade in that sports gear for girls/boys and alcohol, a great body only seems natural.
As we grow older we realise that it gets way more difficult to fit in that size two jeans or maintain that beach body. Below are five ways to get your weight under control with a sustainable lifestyle.
1. You have to hurdle that psychological barrier. Tell yourself that you want to be healthy, that you want that figure. Too often I see friends relapse because they started out for the wrong reasons, maybe its because someone told them they should go to the gym…..don’t go to the gym because someone tells you that you need, go because you realised that this is what I want to do, I need to do. That way you will be self-motivated and always excited to go.
2. Find a workout plan that suits you. Maybe you are more confident exercising inside your home. Maybe you prefer dancing, playing a sport or lifting those weights at the gym. Remember its whatever suits you best and not what your friends are doing, that way you will have more fun doing it. Not every exercise is for everyone.
3. Consult a nutritionist and clean out that fridge. If you don’t have it, you can’t eat it! Dieting, depriving yourself of food is anti-progressive. The most effective way of sustainable weight loss is counting calories. There are countless free online calorie calculators out there, which will tell you how much you need to intake to reach your desired goal. There are even apps to help track your exercise and eating habits. If you need 1500 calories per day, then that 1500 calories can be split amongst 5 meals, that way you are always eating which increases your metabolic rate therefore burning more fat.
4. Get your friends involve. If they are truly your friends then they will be willing to help keep you on track until it becomes habitual for you. Your chance to sticking to a program increases if you have an exercise partner or you have friends cheering you on. That way they won’t invite you to have girls talk over pizza!
5. Reward yourself. If your goal is to lose 10lbs, once you have reached that goal, you can buy yourself a new pants or something you have always wanted. In that case you are not just looking towards losing the weight but to whatever you are going to get yourself.
Remember, you cannot leave your body up to chance, you definitely cannot wish away the excess weight. If you want it, go get it…..30 can be your new 14